Top Travelling Tips....
Thinking of heading off to some far flung foreign destination. Well here are my top ten tips for a trouble free holiday.
1) Make sure passports and visas are valid and won't run out on you. All six of the UK's Passport Offices can be contacted on 0870 521 0410
2) Ensure that you have adequate holiday insurance. Free or reduced cost emergency medical treatment is available to holders of form E111 if you are travelling to most European countries.
3) Be sure to have all the immunisations required for the country you are visiting.
4) Pre-book your flight seats to guarantee your party sit together on the plane. There's nothing worse than sitting for 4 or 8 hours on your own.
5) Save valuable holiday time by pre-booking attraction tickets. You can also take advantage of great value tickets that are usually not available at the gate.
6) Use travellers cheques for security. Keep a separate receipt of all the cheque numbers in case of loss or theft. American Express can refund your money within 24 hours.
7) If you intend to hire a car, enquire whether you need an International Driving Permit or (IDP). Your local travel agent will be able to give more details on driving abroad.
8) Before leaving home, remember to cancel the milk and papers. You can have your mail held in the local delivery office until you return by using Royal Mail's "Keepsafe" facility.
9) Before leaving for the airport ensure that you have all your tickets, money, credit cards, travellers cheques, insurance details, luggage keys, house keys etc. A simple tick list of important items will ensure that you have not forgotten anything.
10) Check the traffic situation and flight times before departing for the airport and allow plenty of time in case of unexpected delays. For traffic details call....
AA Roadwatch on (0336) 401 100
For flight information call: Manchester Airport - 0161 489 3000
Leeds/Bradford - (0113) 250 9696
East Midlands - (01332) 852 852
Birmingham - (0121) 767 5511 or (0121) 767 7798 or (0121) 767 7799
Gatwick - (01293) 535 353
Heathrow - (0181) 759 4321